System design from planning to delivery
Ramboll is highly skilled in designing electrical engineering systems for hospitals, data centres, banks, offices, laboratories, schools, hotels, airports, industrial facilities and private property. Our engineers assess individual project requirements and propose tailored technical solutions to optimise operational reliability and cost effectiveness.
We offer expertise at all stages of the building process from initial ideas to handover. We collaborate closely with clients, ensuring high quality results and maximum value. Our service includes feasibility studies, cost estimates, risk analysis, planning, design, programming, inspections, audits and control.
Our electrical engineers work with their mechanical engineering counterparts to ensure that systems are integrated seamlessly into the wider project, which can involve many other Ramboll disciplines. All electrical work complies with OESCO and IEC standards.
Innovation and expertise
We lead the field in single point of failure (SPOF) analysis, which has underpinned the design of many of our mission-critical projects in the UK, Gibraltar and the Falkland Islands. These include re-engineering nine NATS radar sites and a large number of HSBC properties.
Our expertise in the design of HV systems up to 33kV has led to numerous commissions from the UK’s Defence Estates and National Grid in addition to work for the Kenyan government.
Our portfolio also includes specific capabilities in the following:
- Survey, analysis and re-engineering of existing systems and networks
- Software modelling for normal and fault conditions
- Harmonic analysis and remediation of supply
- Energy consumption and optimisation
- Power supply — HV, emergency, switchgear, UPS and standby systems
- Availability reliability and maintainability (ARM) assessments
- EIB and LON
- Lighting for roads, streets and parks
- Fire alarm, signal, security and IT systems
- Lightning and electrical protection systems
- Elevator/lift systems
- Process systems — MCC switchgear, automation cabinets and PLC