Ramboll is among the 10 leading energy consultancies in Europe. We focus on adding maximum value - both to our clients and society at large. The projects that we carry out for our clients typically provide the overall society benefit of securing the supply of energy, reducing climate impact, improving energy efficiency and countering resource scarcity. We place a strong focus on improving performance and reducing costs in all phases of our projects, from capital to operation and maintenance costs. For our clients, working with Ramboll means that they will benefit from our long-term experience and know-how, and together we can transform their challenges into solutions that are future proof, energy efficient, cost effective and practical.
Ramboll has more than 45 years of experience in the planning, design and implementation of energy solutions.
Our energy team provides expertise on the full spectrum of energy technologies and all parts of the value chain from production over transmission to distribution. We assist our clients on all aspects of a project, ranging from planning to engineering design, to long-term operation and maintenance.
Offshore wind, waste-to-energy, major power plants and district heating
Ramboll offers global leading competence within offshore wind, waste-to-energy, thermal power and district heating. Within these four areas, we provide a one-stop shop of services based on unique know-how and experience gained from a large number of projects, unmatched by other consultancies.
- More than 65% of the world's offshore wind turbines rise from foundations engineered by Ramboll
- We have worked on waste-to-energy projects in 40 countries, providing consulting services for 130 new units and retrofits
- We have designed and constructed more than 90 major power plants, including some of the most energy-efficient plants in the world, and been instrumental in the ongoing conversion from fossil fuels to biomass
- We have provided consultancy services to more than 200 district heating systems worldwide, ranging from small village schemes to city-wide transmission networks.
- Ramboll has approx. 1500 people across the company working with different aspects of energy, including oil and gas and energy-efficient buildings, 700 of whom are organised in Ramboll Energy
- Internationally, we are recognised consultants within offshore wind energy, waste-to-energy, thermal power and district heating
- Our clients include public and private utilities, developers, banks, local authorities and governments