Following our merger with ENVIRON at the end of 2014, Ramboll has become a global market leader in environmental, health and safety (EHS) due diligence. We have a 30-year track record of undertaking due diligence assignments, from assessing single properties to putting together experienced and integrated international in-house teams to assess truly global businesses. We understand local conditions, regulations and business practices everywhere we operate.
With rising awareness in environmental social and governance (ESG) aspects within the investment community, EHS assessment is increasingly encompassing unconventional, wider social and governance aspects to help our clients identify ESG risks and opportunities that may be affecting the brand value or reputation.
We work with clients to develop robust vendor EHS due diligence to protect asset value and enable informed negotiation with buyers. We fully understand that these reports need to be assignable to the purchaser or their finance parties. We provide assistance with wider data room information collation and participate in written, expert call and in-person question and answer (Q&A) processes with bidders and advisers.
Ramboll helps clients assess potential material EHS liabilities, risks and opportunities by participating in the due diligence process including dataroom review, site assessments and target management interviews. Crucially, our teams are experienced in monetising our technical output where we develop liability/cost estimates, assess adequacy of existing provisions and provide input into financial modelling.
We provide clients with transactional support through evaluation of disclosure schedules and proposed contract language, negotiation of indemnities, allocation of liabilities, interaction and briefing of lenders, and coordination with insurance underwriters and legal teams.
To maximise asset value and minimise liabilities, we support clients throughout the investment cycle including ESG strategy development and implementation, environmental management systems implementation, site remediation, energy management and compliance assistance.
Technical expertise and range of supporting services
EHS due diligence continually evolves, and Ramboll provides targeted advice to ensure all potential areas of EHS liability are assessed during a transaction. As well as providing guidance on likelihood of occurrence, severity and cost, we also identify solutions and remedies for EHS issues that may be encountered.
- Site investigation teams identify contamination and conduct remedial actions.
- Real-world understanding of H&S management, enforcement and improvement.
- World-leading Product Safety teams understand key product stewardship directives, such as REACH, WEEE and RoHS, and the regulations and issues associated with manufacturing, use and end-of-life.
- Experts who are authorities on the regulatory and market drivers in sustainability, with expertise in carbon and energy management and eco-design.
- International finance experts who understand the reporting requirements and are skilled at assessing social impact issues such as child and forced labour, deep into the supply chain.
- Innovative approaches, such as probabilistic risk modelling, to challenge uncertainty and provide more commercially focused advice.
- Regular work with clients to understand their ESG risk profile and devise appropriate management strategies.